Sunday, August 13, 2017

Putting the 21 Sleep Strategies to the Test

Hello!

So, I finished reading "Sleep Smarter: 21 Essential Strategies to Sleep Your Way to a Better Body, Better Health, and Bigger Success" by Shawn Stevenson, Sara Gottfried MD a month or 2 ago and have played around a little bit with some of the strategies. #1 thing I need to improve about my sleep is hours of sleep. Because my best time to work is while Josie is at work, or when the kids are asleep, and because I like going to bed at the same time as Josie. My current goal is to get no less that 6 hours of sleep each night and get three 25 power naps in a day. I won't have the extra benefit of an addition sleep cycle, but I should be getting over 7 hr of sleep total consistently, which will be a huge improvement.

I've worked in blue light filters on my computer and mobile device. I've got meditation to a habitual level. I already rise early and sleep in socks. (my feet get cold) Will probably need to watch eating after 7pm a little closer, put my phone in another room while I sleep, and keep a little better to my goal of no electronics 1 hr before bed. As for the other strategies, if I'm marking them off every day, I'm being intentional, if I'm catching up and trying to remember to keep track, no go for intention. And if I only get half in on any given day, awesome! I think they're somewhat listed in order of effectiveness priority, so I've broken them up into 3 sections and we'll see if I can get more of the top two tiers than the lowest tier in general. Here I go! Off to smarter and better sleep! Wish me luck!


1 comment:

  1. You'll be successful with anything you choose to do. Good luck with this new adventure to a better you.

    ReplyDelete