Wednesday, September 28, 2016

(Project Updates) Avoid the "Saturday Morning Cartoons" of Life

To reference the original post visit: http://meetjustjake.blogspot.com/2016/09/avoiding-morning-cartoons-of-life.html


10/26/2016
Well, I took a week break, which really just turned into abandoning my goal. Thank goodness this blog post is here to "haunt" me throughout October! (see what I did there? yeah it was hardly a quip Halloween reference haha)

My motivation is long past, but my original desire to commit was sincere, and so, I resume my commitment. Abandoning it has brought nothing to the table. =) Wish me luck! I've got this!

09/28/2016

Made a few adjustments to my guidelines. Avoiding Facebook 8-4, as 5 typically has something important going on. Also, Messenger app is not off limits due to receiving some work related messages. Otherwise, I did catch myself checking on Saturday again partway through the morning or afternoon. But otherwise I'm doing good and still avoiding 8am-4pm.

Original Goals were:
1.) Be more sensitive to who I'm around and what message I'm sending by being on my phone or computer when I do get on them after 5pm and before 8am.
2.) Continue to evaluate the variety of uplifting or inspiring posts
3.) State my purpose before getting on Facebook.
1 - Only a few instances have I caught myself on at inappropriate times. probably 4 times in the past 10 days. Not too shabby

2 - Trying to post once a week about kids, principle pulls when I do one, honor a friend Friday (missed this past Friday) Sing with me Sunday posts are solid. Trying to have something uplifting each day -- also trying to limit posts to once a day. Neil L. Andersen once invited,
"Let’s make sharing our faith online more a part of our daily life." (https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/04/its-a-miracle?lang=eng&_r=1)
and I try to live up to that while still trying to be real and add variety so it's not the only thing I use Facebook for. I think balance and a variety of posts is important.

3 - I wrote my purpose, but I have not committed it to memory or stated it before going onto facebook. I'll need to improve on that. I would however like to edit it.

My purpose on social media platforms is to seek out and share that which is "virtuous, lovely, of good report or praiseworthy". I also seek to inspire and uplift others through an appropriate use of spirituality, sincerity, kindness, compassion, integrity, thoughtfulness, and lighthearted humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment